Saturday, June 16, 2007

Mmmm...Matthew

Wow, who knew that we'd be chatting with Matthew McConaughey just days before he is named People's Hottest Bachelor of the Year? I know if you ask my son Damien, who was the nicest actor you've met so far, it's hands down to Matthew. Damien can't say enough nice things about him. Also, if you think about it, (and this was pointed out to me by a friend), for Matthew to choose to spend time with me and my young son instead of hanging with all the hot girls sitting around on the set, says a lot about Matthew's character.




People Mag - on sale today

Along with Matthew McConaughey is Damian Lewis, who took the time to talk with my son and tell him he could join him for lunch. It wasn't a casual, "Get over here kid" but Damian Lewis squatted down, put his hand on Damien's shoulder and asked Damien what was wrong. He took the time to calm Damien down and then inviting him to eat with him was just amazing. He's a very caring man. These men are my heroes and Damien looks up to both of them.

Damien and I went to the local bookstore and were happy to see our friend Doc working. Doc was once asked to play the part of a prisoner in the movie, The Cable Guy. He changed his mind and his friend took the part instead. So we often chat about our favorite tv character, Monk (which also has a series of books) and about Damien's acting jobs. When I showed him the photos I had of Matthew McConaughey, he was surprised to hear that his black and white shorts are for the movie. He was believing the stories from the magazines about Matthew acting crazy on the beach. I was shocked to hear that people believe those stories but then I guess I've done that in the past. Just so you know, Matthew jumping, waving plants, looking warpainted, and kissing a girl in the sand are all still shots from the movie.

Matthew on the beach

When filming we can see the paparazi from all directions and by the next day we can find the photos online, often with captions that are not even close to what really happened that day. I feel proud to have my son look up to Matthew and it's my hope that Damien will work with him again someday. I am happy that Matthew was selected as bachelor of the year because with his winning personality, he deserves to be admired. Congrats Matthew!

No comments: