Thursday, June 7, 2007

Everybody Hates Chris and More!

Happy Anniversary to my husband David!
This episode of Everybody Hates Chris, titled Everybody Hates The Guidance Counselor, is going to be hysterical! Not only did the scenes have the parents and crew laughing, but the kids were cracking up too. I can't spill all of the details but I will mention a part that my son is in. He will be on the really short, "short bus". Everybody wanted to take the bus home! Damien will be one of the "challenged" kids wearing a green helmet on the bus. The outfits they wore were funny too. We can't wait to see that scene and hopefully it doesn't end up on the cutting room floor.


The short bus is the size of a jeep.



I won't go into much detail about these past two days but I will say that there are things you should never do on a set. I'll mention a few of them here but don't think I did these....uh, at least not all of them!


Don't take photos! Not with your camera or your cell phone. They will search you.
Don't go where you don't belong. Security will find you!
Ask where you can view your child if you want to see them filming. Otherwise STAY in holding and BE QUIET if you're held near the filming area.
Don't peek through curtains to see your child perform.
Don't go upstairs to get a better view.
Don't take another parents word as the official okay (ie: The parent tells you she has permission to be there/do that.)
Don't talk to any main actor unless they talk to you first.

These rules are general rules for all shows.


Okay, you've all guessed it. Yes, I did get into some trouble but it wasn't me with the camera. I was standing with her and yes, you can be guilty by association. Ugh.


I can't inlcude main actors in photos unless I have their permission. At least I already knew this one. So a big Thank You goes to Matthew McConaughey for letting us photograph him! What a nice guy! Oh, by the way, the first day on this set (for this episode), we saw one of the actors who played a fisherman on Surfer Dude. He was a pedestrian. We talked a little. Hi Tito! Then the second day (yesterday) we saw another actor who also was a fisherman. He played a pedestrian and a hosptial patient. Hi George! George has his own casting site for latino actors and he was nice enough to let me take his photo with Damien. (I never got a chance to ask Tito.)



George and Damien

I also met some really great Mom's on this set and I hope Damien gets to work with their kids again. Most of them have the same manager as Damien, so most likely they'll all work together on something again. It's great to make new friends.

No comments: