Sunday, June 3, 2007

Done with Surfer Dude?

On Damien's last day working on Surfer Dude, we met a woman from the casting agency that had called us. She told us that Damien would be used in another scene, probably a beach scene, airport or marketplace scene. Well, since my brother's friend works on the set, I know the beach and airport scene have already been shot.

Damien on the set of Surfer Dude. All the tables and benches are

moved out of the camera's range.


Friday I saw the breakdown for the Surfer Dude marketplace scene online (a casting site) but we haven't been called to go in. So I emailed the casting company to ask if they still planned on using Damien in the scene. No reply. Now it's Sunday night and it shoots early tomarrow morning. I know this means Damien is not in the scene and we are both feeling sad about it. We were also told on the last day Damien was there that if we stuck around we could have photos taken with Matthew McConaughey. We waited till dark and knew that shooting was going to go on for a while, (plus my camera's battery was dying), so we left. I was thinking when we came back again, we'd get those photos taken. Sob! Looks like that ain't gonna happen!

Now our hope is that Damien gets called back as a photo double again. We were told by a crew member that they might need Damien for one or two more days as a double. This could also be the reason why they wouldn't use Damien in another scene. He looks an awful lot like the starring boy! Anyway, we have our fingers crossed that he makes it back on the set. If not, maybe I'll ask my brother's friend if he can get us an autographed headshot of Matthew!

Chuck & Larry Poster

Now that it's June, "I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry" should be hitting the theaters. We've seen the trailer and we just hope that Damien's short scene in the movie hasn't been cut. We can't wait to go to the theater to see Damien for the first time on the big screen.


Kevin James and Adam Sandler star in I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Debbi,

I think I speak for all the members at the Matthew McConaugehy messageboard when I say 'Thank you' for giving us a peek behind the scenes of Surfer, Dude and especially all the photos!

And good luck to Damien with his carreer!