Monday, April 16, 2007

Postponed or Cancelled?

Received a phone call on Sunday evening that Charlie Wilson's War was postponed. Now does this mean it's cancelled and Damien will get paid for the day? It really doesn't matter but that's a lot of money to earn for a cancellation! The person on the phone told me that Damien's scene was not being shot tomorrow after all and they would be calling me back tomorrow with a new date. I figure this is due to the rain. Yes, rain in sunny California.




So I went to their website to see if it says anything about the day being cancelled and to my surprise it didn't. Damien's name is removed from the long list of names though. I wonder how many other names were removed and what kind of scene Damien would be in. When his name was up on the list for filming, he was to be included in the arrival scene at the Refugee Camp. Now, the list of names is "still" for the arrival scene but Damien isn't included. I wonder what exactly he'll be filming now. At least it appears that there will be fewer kids or people in the scene he's in. Maybe I can ask when they call me today.

CWW casting is also offering a discount rate at a nearby hotel. I talked it over with my family and we are seriously considering getting a room. Damien has to shoot from 2 to 5 days and it's a long drive through traffic each way. I saw the early morning calls which means getting up at 2 or 3am if we leave from our house. It's probably cheaper to get a hotel than to pay for gas!

10:30pm Update: CWW website was just updated. Looks like another day of not working. So tomorrow, it's off to homeschool classes. Hopefully Damien will get the phone call to work on Wednesday. Thursday is his Dad's birthday and we were hoping we'd be home that day. So far it's not looking good. We'll have to celebrate over the weekend.

No comments: