Friday, April 20, 2007

Charlie Wilson's War - Filming

What can I say? This was an AMAZING set!

Charlie Wilson's War
(Found on the internet)


This could be my longest blog ever but I'm going to try and keep it short after the comment I received telling me my blogs are too long.

Charlie Wilson's War was the biggest and most impressive set we've ever been on. So large in fact that they took us by bus to move from holding to the set. The Refugee Camp was an exact duplicate of the real thing and just amazing. It felt as if we were visiting an actual Refugee Camp. Dozens of amputees were used, including children. It was a very moving sight.

Tom Hanks was on set but I heard Julia Roberts wasn't there this particular day. Damien wore his traditional Afghan outfit which included a red hat (not sure what they call them) and he was filmed walking down a dirt road towards the camera while pushing a old wooden cart.

This was obviously a big budget film with hundreds of Afghans, camels, a helicopter and a set we'll never forget. Damien has a chance of filming again in May. I know this movie will be a major hit when it's released.

Hi to Mina and her daughter Arika who was standing next to Tom Hanks in one scene, so close I hear they bumped shoulders. Arika plays the older sister of a young girl who is missing an arm. Hope we see you again on the set in May!

1 comment:

cornyrex said...

hi! cool blog....
~Zoe~