Thursday, April 5, 2007

All of Us

There was a rerun of "All of Us" on last Sunday night which was Damien's very first job. It was filmed at the Warner Brothers Studio. We had a great time there. The crew were nice and fed all of us, including the parents. They allowed us to sit in audience seating and watch the show as it taped. We saw Debbie Allen and others working on the show. The funniest thing is, while I was walking up the stairs to sit in the audience seats, a young man was walking down the stairs. We bumped shoulders just slightly and I turned to look at him. It was Stephon Fuller! An upcoming actor whose blog is online and I read faithfully! I felt like I knew him but of course he had no idea why I was staring at him! lol
A Fireside Kid

Damien was to play a "Fireside Kid" which is similar to a boy scout. They dressed some boys in red and others in yellow. Damien was in yellow with an Indian headdress. There were quite a few boys in this scene, including a set of triplets. Since this was the first taping we'd ever been to, it was interesting to see the final cut. They had Damien and a few other boys cheering on some sled racers, then they filmed Damien running over to push the sled. A couple of takes Damien helps to push the sled off screen and doesn't return! And at one time part of the set falls down. In the end there's a few seconds of Damien cheering but lots more of his back or side turned towards the camera. You can find him if you look for his very long black hair. This was before he cut it up to his shoulders. He grows his hair to donate it to "Locks of Love" to be made into wigs for kids with cancer. He's donated it three times already.


Damien's first headshot - long hair

The kids are all schooled for 3 hours. Damien made a friend there named Chris. We found out that Chris had filmed Santa Clause 3 and had a great time doing it. He has the same manager as Damien. His Mom and I decided that after filming we would walk to the Warner Brothers Museum. We passed a man with bright red hair coming out of the next studio. Some other mom's of young actors starting talking to him and seemed very excited to see him. I had no clue who it was because I've never watched E.R. I suppose all of you know exactly who it is. I'm clueless. I need to watch more TV. In the museum they had a large display of Harry Potter's actual movie props and outfits. It was amazing to see the actual clothing and props used in the film. The boys had a good time looking around the two floors of the museum but unfortunately no cameras were allowed.




"All of Us"

It was a great first job for my son and lots of fun for me!

No comments: